The meaning of the dragonfly tattoo for men and women.
The dragonfly is one of the oldest insects to have existed since the Jurassic period. There are a wide variety of species of this insect, all of them are quite beautiful and famous for their diversity. . That is why this symbol is very popular in tattoo art. But it must be remembered that a tattoo is not just a work of art, and often each image is a symbol that has a special meaning. So what does a dragonfly tattoo mean?
The dragonfly is often associated with courage, stamina, invincibility, and bravery. Thanks to this, the tattoo depicting this insect has become very popular among men. Also, lovers of speed apply a tattoo with its image, since this insect is very fast, it is associated with it.
🈴 Check out our exclusive Image Gallery: 👇
It is also applied by those who believe in luck, since one of its meanings is success without limits. Given these meanings, a tattoo representing this insect is applied by men who love risk, speed, movement and hope in this way to attract success.
The girls really fell in love with the dragonfly tattoo.
And this is not surprising, because in the hand of the women means fragility and vulnerability, and at the same time courage, courage and curiosity. That is why it can often be found among brave and strong girls, such a tattoo seems to indicate that, despite these expressive qualities, it still remains fragile and delicate. It also symbolizes ease, grace, immortality and rebirth. .
In ancient times, it was believed that the dragonfly was the guide of souls to the world of the dead. Therefore, they were treated with caution. So, some believe that the dragonfly tattoo means the girl's attitude towards dark forces, including witchcraft.
🔥Select a topic of your interest:🔥👇
Do not forget that the dragonfly tattoo has become so popular among girls precisely because its main meaning is a reflection of femininity. By applying this tattoo, girls strive to emphasize the lightness, grace and sophistication that betrays them.
They also love applying such a tattoo and free girls who want to show their insubordination and desire to remain free. . To be considered and treated as equals.
The dragonfly is one of the oldest creatures on Earth.
Scientists have discovered fossils of this insect during excavations, along with the remains of Jurassic dinosaurs. This characterizes the relics as very tenacious creatures capable of adapting to a changing environment.
The dragonfly is a very beautiful representative of the fauna. Its transparent wings and its body of mother-of-pearl are elegant. The coloration is bright, varied and attractive. In nature there are reds, greens, blues and yellows.
The insect is fast and fast, the frequency of flapping its wings reaches 90 per minute. The image with it can be seen quite often as a tattoo.
A dragonfly tattoo has an interesting meaning.
A person enjoys the present moment without worrying about the future. You want to change something in life and take advantage of opportunities. He understands the universe and is connected to it. The image of this insect symbolizes emotional maturity and understanding of life, loyalty to other people.
People have always been interested in dragonflies. Among the different peoples, he was given a certain meaning in the image of an insect. Here are some meanings of the dragonfly tattoo among different peoples:
- the celts believed that elves had dragonfly wings. These insects were for people the personification of fairies;
- the Indians saw renewal and rebirth in the insect;
- it is of particular importance to the Japanese. It is a national symbol and a sign of courage, bravery and happiness. Ancient Japan was considered the land of dragonflies;
- in China, the arrival of summer was determined by the behavior of an insect. It is believed that these representatives of the fauna are very sensitive to climatic changes. Therefore, this insect in the country is associated with instability and weakness;
- but the Slavs distrusted her. They believed that the insect carries the devil upon itself;
- in Europe it was called "dragonfly". It was believed to be a symbol of witches;
- There is an even more fabulous theory among Romanians that a dragonfly is a person who could not resist the temptations of Satan. It was called the "cursed needle" with which the trolls sewed their clothes;
- in the ancient world, an insect it meant tranquility and beauty.
Women like to tattoo the image of a dragonfly.
The tattoo looks stylish, sometimes it is impossible to understand the drawing or it is really an insect. And it seems that a real dragonfly has landed on an arm or a shoulder.
The meaning of a dragonfly tattoo for girls can vary. It means curiosity and courage, but at the same time, the vulnerability and fragility of a woman. For women, this image has the meaning of rebirth and immortality, as well as grace and strength.