The natural shades that are used for hair coloring today very often compete with extraordinary colors that are chosen not only by women, but also by men. Among such options it is worth highlighting exactly blue, which includes a huge assortment of various shades, each of which has its own admirers.
🈴 Check out our exclusive Image Gallery: 👇
Blue is an interesting color for which dyes are extremely rare in nature. In light of trends in fashion in the beauty industry, it is this soothing, deep color in all its shades that is used quite actively by stylists, and is also popular with celebrities. Specialists of beauty salons today use many new-fangled techniques to dye curls of any length in shades of blue. , sometimes performing quite bold experiments with the compatibility of colors. It is the versatility of dyeing hair in this color that determines the special popularity of such curls, regardless of the length and structure of the hair.
Before blue hair stood out in a separate direction in curl dyeing, its nuances were present in the palettes of chestnut, blonde and black. Today, the following positive features of this color scheme can be noted:
- hair dyed in any of the shades of blue guarantees its owners increased attention, as they endow the image with individuality;
- it will be possible to choose a suitable color shade for almost any appearance and color type, since in the modern palette there are a huge number of variations from dark to light;
- blue goes well with bright and muted colors, which makes it possible to carry out not only full coloring, but also to experiment with techniques for partial color transformation of curls;
- color can best emphasize bright makeup, including expressive lips, eyebrows and eye color.
However, the color is not without some ambiguous characteristics, in light of which the painting in blue must be deliberate. So, its disadvantages include the following:
- if initially the hair shafts have a split or porous structure, then the pigment can fall on the curls unevenly, which will lead to a disastrous result, which will have to be removed;
- after dyeing, the hair will require increased attention in terms of care;
- To maintain the shine of the hair, you will need to use an additional dye.
In general, the blue color stands out for its versatility, since it can be delicate or provocative, suitable for long hair and cuts very short on trend. It all depends on the desire initial the client's.
The desire to stand out from the crowd with the help of an extraordinary hair color is inherent not only in women, but also in men who actively use blue color. Also, her fans can be found among people of different ages. However, such experiments with your own appearance will be successful if you adhere to the general recommendations on the combination of colors with other features in appearance. This color comes in the following cases:
- in the presence of extravagant and asymmetrical haircuts;
You should refrain from experimenting with blue if you have obvious skin problems such as acne, excessive pigmentation. There must be complete harmony with that color in appearance : he make-up it is done perfectly, the hair is done, the wardrobe is well chosen.
🔥Select a topic of your interest:🔥👇
When choosing a blue color, of course, the question of a shade arises in light of the huge number of options. Today, paint manufacturers offer the following transformation options.
- Dark blue. This color is recommended for girls and women with a fair skin type, as well as regular facial features. The resulting tone will be deep, some brands have cool variations of coloring formulations.
- Black and blue. The advantage is the ability of the color to play in the sun and in the light of electric light with different reflections, which makes the hairstyle even more expressive. It goes best with a dark skin type, but it is considered universal. Most often, a similar shade is complemented by bright strands of a contrasting color. To achieve a harmonious result, you should not dye your hair in this color at home, but seek the help of experienced colorists.
- Light Blue. This color will have an ash tint. A rather bold, but at the same time soft decision regarding a radical change in the image with the help of hair coloring. It is recommended for women and girls with light or gray eyes. It looks stunning on medium length hair or in a classic square.
- greyish blue. A calm array of colors with a play of muted overflows. Hair of this color will look unusual, but quite restrained in the light of the lack of bright, flashy notes in the shade. It requires a thorough approach to the selection of makeup.
- White and blue. Ideal for natural or dyed blondes. The downside of this blue variety is the frequent need for color correction. Ideal for blue eyes and dull skin.
- Blue and turquoise. Interesting and fashionable variations that add tenderness to the image, visually softening sharp facial features. This option is recommended for both girls and women after 40, since this color will refresh the appearance and rejuvenate the owner of hair with an unusual color.
- Indigo. A popular shade that looks quite bold on hair. The color stands out with depth.
- ash blue. It can only be obtained on bleached hair. Recommended for fair-skinned women.
- Pearl blue. A variant of Scandinavian blonde that harmonizes perfectly with brown eyes. Suitable for bold short cuts or long straight hair.
Choosing a suitable coloring product should be done taking into account the following points:
- the presence of a suitable shade in the color palette;
- production cost;
- composition of coloring agents.
Today, blue is found in almost all manufacturers of hair dyes. Among them are absolute favorites.
Estel Play and Estel Professional
The blue color of the brand is represented by the Ultra mare shade. The products are sold together with a lightening powder, which allows you to get an intense shade on your hair. The paint is suitable for dark curls, and due to the soft composition, frequent use of the product is allowed. In general, the hair color retains its attractiveness for about 3 weeks.
The manufacturer has various shades of blue. The products allow you to dye your hair in bright colors, there is no ammonia in the composition, which means that the hair rods will be damaged to a lesser extent after dyeing. Hair color, depending on the shade, can be kept in an acceptable version for up to 2 months.
The brand offers dye products for dyeing hair in blue. The manufacturer's palette contains turquoise, mint and other popular shades. The formulations are easy to use thanks to the spray nozzle. The pigment is not able to penetrate deep into the cuticle, which has a positive effect on the health of the curls.
The assortment includes several shades of blue, namely “Mother of Pearl”, “Amethyst”, “Wild Plum”. The products are recommended for coloring light hair, painting over gray hair.
A popular brand among colorists and hairdressers that specializes in the production of dyes in exotic shades. The color blue in this case is represented by sky and blue variants, as well as capri blue and jade blue. The formulations do not contain ammonia, so they are in gentle contact with the hair shaft.
The compositions are made without harmful chemical components based on vegetable components. The assortment includes more than 5 varieties of blue.
Wella touch of color
Products that belong to the professional line of dyes that do not contain ammonia. In the palette of shades there is a color called «Deep Blue», thanks to which you can get a beautiful and rich color. It can also be used for gray hair.
A toning product for the hair, which stands out for the duration of the retention of new pigment in the hair cuticle. The paint contains natural ingredients, as well as plant extracts. Blue from this manufacturer is presented in one tone. The products are suitable for home use or during coloring procedures in the salon.
For temporary dyeing, when the blue color lasts on the hair until the first wash of the hair, manufacturers of dye products offer aerosols of various shades , which are applied to curls by analogy with hairspray. They can be used for full or partial staining.
In addition to full dyeing in blue, techniques are used to partially change the color of the hair. So, today colorists use the following painting technologies in their work.
- The use of crayons. With their help, they usually change the color of the ends of the hair or individual strands in the hairstyle. The materials do not damage the hair shafts. Suitable for independent use.
- Ombre technology. In this version, the master works with light shades of blue, which are in perfect harmony with ash blonde, coal-black hair color or light brown curls.
- highlighting. Blue-blue reflections can decorate, refresh and transform the image of a girl. Usually this technique is used on haircuts with straight lines. Combine a similar option with black, brown or blonde curls.
How to dye your locks?
It is quite possible to change the original hair color to blue yourself. In order for painting to take a minimum of time, it is first worth preparing all the necessary tools. To work, you will need the following inventory:
- a container for diluting ceramic or glass compositions;
- comb with fine teeth;
- cape and hat;
- oily cream or petroleum jelly.
To carry out the procedure, it is advisable to adhere to the following work procedure.
- The right combination with the original dark tone of the hair should pre-bleach the curls so that the tone is saturated.
- After that, a cream or other protective compound should be applied to the ears, forehead and neck area in order to avoid staining the epidermis in blue.
- Following the instructions indicated by the manufacturer, you need to dilute the coloring composition. Cover your shoulders with a cape.
- Also, the entire volume of hair must be divided into at least 3-4 areas so that the coloring is high-quality and uniform.
- Using a brush, the dye is applied to the hair starting at the roots. First of all, you need to dye the hair in front, gradually moving to the back of the head, while processing the ends.
- Then the hair must be combed, twisted into a bun, covered with a hat and wrapped in a towel. Resist the composition on the hair for the allotted time.
- Over time, the curls should be washed with shampoo for colored hair. To fix the pigment in the cuticle of the hair, you can also rinse them with a vinegar solution.
- Accidentally spilled areas of skin with paint can be cleaned with hydrogen peroxide or alcohol.
Regardless of the length of the hair and its initial state, after dyeing, the curls must receive the careful more competent. The duration of preservation of the selected blue shade on the hair, as well as their health, which will affect the appearance of the hairstyle, will depend on what activities will be carried out in the future. To maintain the saturation of the tone, colorists recommend carrying out corrective hair coloring with tint shampoos or balms once a week.
Repairing and nourishing hair masks should become a must-have weekly treatment after coloring. In addition to shampoo, care for blue curls will require the use of a balm after each hair wash. To maintain the strength and health of the hair shafts from the inside, it will be useful to drink a vitamin complex in the drink.
Care cosmetics should not contain aggressive surfactants; it is better to give preference to products that are soft in composition, because otherwise the blue pigment will be removed from the cuticle rather quickly.
To protect the color, you can use the salon hair lamination service, which will protect the curls from mechanical damage and aggressive components with which the hair comes into contact.
It is worth refraining from using essential oils, as they will help to quickly remove the coloring pigment. Blue curls need to be protected from ultraviolet radiation with hats, as well as a series of specialized care consisting of sprays or emulsions.
Immediately after dyeing, it is recommended to let the hair dry naturally and use a hair dryer and other heating devices to style as little as possible.