The meaning of the tattoo, which depicts flowers.
Drawings in this style symbolize beauty, youth, but at the same time the cyclical nature of life. The exact meaning of the tattoo depends on the type of flower that is depicted on it:
- peony is a love talisman, attracting happy relationships into a person's life, and at the same time a typically masculine symbol;
- a rose is the embodiment of love and beauty, but in some cases it is a sign of aggression or a memory of a broken heart;
- lotus - spirituality and enlightenment, one of the main Buddhist symbols;
- lavender: fidelity in love and, in some cases, protection against the evil eye;
- The lily is a symbol of innocence and modesty.
🈴 Check out our exclusive Image Gallery: 👇
Design options for tattoos «flowers»
For black and white sketches, they often choose drawings with shading, with compositions of roses or peonies. The tattoos of colors they are often filled in using the watercolor technique, which best conveys the richness of the tones and the texture of the petals.
To create a 3D effect, artisans and their clients often choose images of roses in a realistic style.
A flower tattoo is suitable for any part of the body, depending on the scale. For girls, the most popular areas are the forearms, the hips, the back, the ribs, as well as the transition from the shoulder to the clavicle. On men, realistic rose tattoos are often found on the back of the hand.
The meaning of a tattoo with flowers.
He meaning main flower is joy and vitality. In some cases, flowers are a symbol of grief and unexpected loss. A tattoo with a floral theme is always beautiful, but for men the deep meaning that the drawing carries is much more important. An abstract flower expresses the cyclical nature of being, but a particular plant variety may have another, more limited meaning.
Let's consider the most popular options.
- The lily tattoo in the Slavic world it is a symbol of purity. Among the peoples of Europe, lily means sadness, in the East - great joy. Therefore, in order not to be confused with a tattoo, you need to take into account the culture in which a person revolves.
- The Rose It is one of the most mysterious plants. Beauty and love are the main meanings of a rose, but with thorns, it takes on a different meaning: grief or obstacles in life. The meaning of a rose also largely depends on the color. A black rose is a flower of death, and a yellow one is a harbinger of an imminent parting. In the Middle Ages and even before, women of easy virtue were marked with a rose, but today it has already lost its original meaning.
- the lotus it is associated with the spiritual search. In Buddhist culture, the lotus is not a simple but a sacred plant. The lotus for girls is a symbol of innocence.
- peonies they mean wealth and good luck, which are accompanied by love. Peonies in the East are a repository of the best masculine qualities associated with the realization of a man in a family.
- The black tattoos they signify the wearer's penchant for asceticism and restraint. Such a person prefers to see the essence of things, and not the monograms that decorate it and distract from the main thing.
- white flowers They are interpreted as a symbol of inexperience, innocence, confidence in the world around them and justice.
- the red flowers they will tell about an all-consuming passion or fatal events in life.
- The colored tattoos they are interpreted based on the colors that prevail in them. He red hints at fiery love, blue is associated with eternity, and pink is associated with divinity.
🔥Select a topic of your interest:🔥👇
Suitable places on the body for a tattoo with flowers
The placement of a flower can radically change the symbolism of a tattoo. Adding some other elements to the image also changes the context. Floral sketches stand out for the fact that they can be impaled on any part of the body: on the arm, on the leg, on the thigh, on the clavicle, on the doll, on the shoulder , on the back, in it forearm. , in the ribs and even in the neck.
Small women's tattoos in the form of a delicate flower are made anywhere. Sometimes the drawing is applied to an area of visual accessibility to everyone around, and sometimes to an intimate area so that the tattoo is a secret that can be shared with a loved one. Often the flower of a women is combined with the inscription: the name of a man or beloved children.
What style is suitable for a tattoo with flowers?
- Chicano - Often in this style, along with other objects, a red or black rose is stuffed as a symbol of strong passions.
- Blackwerk : you can represent the outlines of the flowers in black.
- old school it is a favorite style of sailors; images of lotuses and roses are often used.
- the new school is similar, but more modernized and coloured, sometimes even cartoon characters are used.
- Dotwork : geometric shapes, on the basis of which this style is built, can form a flower in shape.
- The geometry it is a new style with laconic lines.
- The realism implies the most realistic display of colors. The crown that forms a flower bracelet looks especially beautiful.
- Thrash : This style is popular among people who are inclined to challenge modern society. A thrash tattoo can consist of any fantastically arranged element, including flowers.
- minimalism : the style is characterized by lightness of outlines and conciseness. Flowers in the style of minimalism are well suited for girls, emphasizing their grace, and grace for maidens.
- watercolors : Flowers look like paintings painted on the body with watercolors.
- Oriental It is a style that shows the beauty of oriental culture. It involves the traditional representation of plants and animals in Japanese or Chinese terms.
What celebrity has a flower tattoo?
Showbiz and sports stars are increasingly using tattoo art to express themselves. The stunning Valeria Gai Germanicus holds a heart entwined with elegant roses in her hand. There is a rose on the neck of Yulia Volkova. Anfisa Chekhova has a flower tattooed on her back. Courtney Love has a lot of flowers on her body. Katy Perry has a lotus flower on the wrist.
Jessica Alba chose a more exotic option - a daisy around her neck. Charlize Theron placed a small flower on her right leg. Britney Spears has a butterfly with flowers at the bottom of the back and a chamomile at the bottom of the abdomen. Christina Aguilera preferred a small flower on her wrist. Cheryl Cole has several large roses on her back, this is how she disguised an old tattoo that has lost its relevance. Lily Collins has a rose on her leg.
Not only female stars love tattoos with different colors. Men are not far behind either: Jasten Bieber has a rose among his many tattoos.