Geometry tattoo style is when an artist transforms your favorite animal, idol, plant or nature into a cool and unusual tattoo in the form of geometric shapes. It is also important to understand that the meaning of the tattoo is hidden inside, so all passers-by will not be able to find out the meaning of the applied signs without the help of the owner himself.
Geometric style tattoos appeared a long time ago. Tattoos with a triangle, in which an animal or magical symbol is inscribed, can be found in ancient Egypt. Thus, a person showed his belonging and magical abilities.
But the geometric style gained popularity relatively recently. And thanks to the actively developing demand, new techniques and tattoos appear that emphasize the individuality of a person and have a secret meaning.
🈴 Check out our exclusive Image Gallery: 👇
A geometric tattoo should consist of straight lines and shapes that intertwine with each other and form a single image. When applying a tattoo, all proportions must be observed, sometimes the masters even calculate the sizes of the figures so that they look natural and filigree, the master also weaves a pattern and turns an ordinary image into a real artistic masterpiece.
Therefore, a tattoo can tell about a person's religion, his faith in the other world, about sacred secrets and other deep things.
Popular patterns and their meanings
Many guys and girls want to apply a variety of geometric tattoos, which are of several types:
- two-dimensional tattoos depicting mandalas, portraits, and animals, made in a flat pattern that looks like an ornament;
- three-dimensional, cos are given with the help of complex geometric shapes, color transitions with the use of various effects;
- combined, they combine a three-dimensional, two-dimensional and flat image, so the tattoo is voluminous and dynamic.
Jessi Manchester is considered one of the best teachers of geometry. These are some of his works:
🔥Select a topic of your interest:🔥👇
These tattoos represent a wide variety of emotions and feats, since in each nation each animal embodies different ideas. The Slavs see the fox as a deceiver, and the Scandinavians consider it a predator and present it to the god of fire Loki.
So a deer can signify a connection to the ancestors or a long and happy life. Bear means eternal life and rebirth. Leo symbolizes strength and dominance, and the cat often denotes a connection to the other world.
Most of the time, a geometric style tattoo in the form of a bird is applied on the neck, the back, he forearm or the neckline. The bird expresses the spiritual state of a person, his emotional state. Bird drawings on the legs and arms speak of a person's desire to achieve success and express his firm position in life.
The owl symbolizes wisdom and calm, as well as loneliness. Flamingo expresses the individuality and originality of a person. Geese and swallows symbolize the romantic mood and creativity of a person. A bird in flight shows that a person is moving towards his goal, regardless of problems and other people.
Very often women fill flower arrangements that express their mood or express their position in life.
- Clover is a symbol of good luck, prosperity, change.
- Lily can mean both purity and purity, so is debauchery and indolence.
- Rose denotes loyalty, strength and mutual love or not, depending on the pattern.
Each symbol applied has a meaning.
- The square speaks of the stability and moderation of a person.
- The triangle symbolizes confidence, courage and impulsiveness.
- The box symbolizes the uncertainty in life, and also says that the owner believes in a bright and happy future.
- The circle denotes calmness, sociability and a person's ability to sympathize with others.
- Triangles are initially similar to the Egyptian pyramids, they denote the mystical principle of man, as well as an unbreakable connection with the ancestors.
- The hexagon symbolizes abundance, prosperity, beauty.
For men, sketches with thick, clearly drawn lines that symbolize power and strength are suitable.
They prefer to apply:
- abstract paintings.
the sketches of flowers, various shells, moons, stars, plants, birds or animals are suitable for women. Women's sketches should have smoother, rounder lines so that their inner world matches the image shown.
Tattoo style Geometry is considered unique, so the same patterns can be applied to both men and women. It is only advisable to change the thickness of the lines and inscribe individual geometric shapes that will correspond to the person's life positions and views.
Deer tattoo process in geometric style: