When it comes to silver or white highlights, we can do them for many reasons, that is if you will always be Bella!!!
Whether it is to hide or cover gray hair, they are also very beautiful when we are looking for a change of Look and refresh our Image:
🈴 Check out our exclusive Image Gallery: 👇
Serene, elegant, noble: everything you wanted to know about silver hair color
Unbelievable, but true: most women still diligently mask their natural gray hair, but at the same time silver hair color is at the peak of popularity in salons and on red carpets - the fashion trend was picked up. by both girls who don't score shiny covers and Hollywood stars. In our new material, we talk about the nuances of such coloring, how to get the perfect silver hair color, and the details of caring for "silver".
Silver hair color features
There is a stereotype that silver hair color in women is a "mature" shade, and for many it is associated exclusively with fading beauty. However, the work of colorists proves the opposite, and hair coloring in silver color does not lose its relevance and has long been at the top of fashion for several seasons.
Silver hair color belongs to the cool tones and can refresh any look in an instant. It looks elegant and restrained, but at the same time unusual and very impressive. The main thing is to choose the right color for your color type , including eye color and skin tone. Before dyeing your hair silver, you should pay attention to these points and consult with a colorist.
And, perhaps most importantly, silver hair will require special care based on pigmented products.
Like any shade of blonde, silver hair color washes out quickly. To avoid this, you need to use a special shampoo that contains blue and purple pigments. This shampoo at home “cools” the shade, neutralizes possible yellowness. But here you need to be careful: the fact is that such shampoo settles on the porous areas of the hair, so it is desirable that the porosity be uniform along the entire length from the roots to the tips; then the result will be more uniform. There are also mascaras that contain blue and purple pigments - they have an even more intense effect on the color, neutralize unwanted warm tones and keep the silver color longer.
Look for shampoos and conditioners designed for very light blonde and gray hair. Ideal L'Oréal Professionnel Silver with a mixture of blue and purple pigments and Matrix So Silver Shampoo , which neutralizes yellowness and gives the hair an “icy” shine and a pure silver tint. From the professional segment, we also recommend you try the Redken Graydiant Ultra Blonde Conditioner .
Unwanted yellow undertones from silver hair can be removed at the salon, colorists have concentrated products that work faster than ammonia-free dyes. This is how the Intense Neutralizing Mask works Matrix So Silver .
Due to its hue, silver hair coloring is suitable mainly for “cold” girls, and these are:
- color type "winter" with native dark hair color, snow-white skin and bright blue, green or brown eyes;
- "summer" color type with natural ash blonde hair, fair skin, and blue or gray eyes.
Important! From a blonde and brown haired woman «warm» , the Snow Queen can only be performed by a very experienced colorist, using certain techniques and adding the appropriate shades and spillovers to the coloring.
Who better to avoid such stains?
- Owners of problem skin prone to rashes and redness.
- Girls with brown, dark and tanned skin.
Photo of fashionable coloring techniques using silver color.
Hair dyed in one tone often looks dull and too flat. To achieve a voluminous and deep silver color on the hair, stylists use various coloring techniques when two or more shades (both contrasting and from the same range) come into play. The most popular staining techniques deserve special attention.
🔥Select a topic of your interest:🔥👇
To the highlight , only individual threads are painted in silver along the entire length, while their thickness can be any, depending on the desired effect. For example, for owners of hair black, the “salt and pepper” type of highlighting is suitable, and for girls with ash-blonde hair, classic highlighting is suitable. By the way, this method of partial coloring perfectly helps to mask natural gray hair.
Silver ombre involves creating a gradient on the hair: the colorist uses several shades of paint, smoothly transforming into each other. For example, a snow blonde at the roots becomes ash at the tips, or the color extends from black roots to platinum silver tips.
The essence of this highlighting technique is that the master brightens the tips or the entire length of the strands in the form of the letter V, and then tones them. Silver balayazh it is more suitable for “cold” brunettes and blondes: ash, smoky and silver-lilac tones look harmoniously on dark hair, and light curls are perfectly shaded by a light silver, almost steel color.
Gray Matting Tint
The main advantages of this staining are an absolutely natural look and voluminous color. To achieve a 3D effect, the The stylist usually uses two or three close shades in the coloring process: in particular, the “silver” varieties are perfect for ash-blonde hair.
silver color palette
The modern beauty industry opens up a wide field for stylists to experiment with a palette of tints. Silver hair in girls can be of various shades: from polar silver to silver with a purple tint. Here are some SalonSecret editors' favorites for your inspiration. Don't forget to save your favorite photo and show it to the teacher!
A noble tone that combines the shine of silver and purity pure white , perfect for light blue and gray eyes. And if you add this shade to the dark base, brown eyes will become even more expressive.
Dark silver hair color is a graphite tone multifaceted with a metallic sheen. It goes perfectly with any light brown foundation and looks incredibly attractive.
Ash color looks elegant and noble, but only if it is selected and created correctly by a professional colorist. In other cases, this tone grey it can "age" you visually.
The Pearl Silver Curls they are especially suitable for blue-eyed girls, they emphasize the nuances of a haircut, rejuvenate and give the appearance a drop of winter freshness.
Not the first season in the trend a creative silver shade with a nuance purple , and the last one can be deep lilac or pastel pale lilac.
How to dye your hair silver?
Your colorist will probably know how to dye your hair silver, and will most likely focus on your original hair color and skin tone. There is one more nuance, for which it is not worth staining at home. This, of course, is about eliminate natural or artificial pigment before toning.
Staining in silver tones is considered quite difficult. The main difficulty is that to create such a color, there must be a fairly clean base of bleached hair without yellowing, that is, a very clean lightening background is needed, and, accordingly, this entails some damage to the hair structure.
Let's dwell in more detail on the nuances of silver coloring for different "bases".
for dark hair
To achieve the perfect silver hair color as shown on the internet, brown-haired and brunette women will need to bleach their hair, perhaps even in several passes: for example, using Pasta Platinum Plus by L'Oréal Professionnel . And only after removing the pigment from the hair structure, the colorist will begin to tone them. This can be done with a permanent dye: Matrix SoColor.beauty in the tone 8Sp Silver Pearl It is popular with professionals. Exquisite silvers are found in the palettes of L'Oreal Pro Majirel ;
For light and blond
Blonde girls are the luckiest of all: blondes and light browns don't require serious lightening before turning silver. Here the master has a choice: depending on the shade of the base and the previous dyeing history, you can pre-lighten the hair (for example, using the powder Matrix Light Master with a strengthening binder in the composition) or immediately apply to silver hair. dye for curls Matrix SoColor Cult in silver disk (clear) and Marble Gray (graphite) with direct pigments are perfect for a safe transition to silver.
the pigment red warm is incredibly durable, so to achieve a beautiful silver effect, you'll need to bleach it before you dye it. For the second step, professional painting L'Oréal Professionnel Majirel is appropriate, in your palette Cool Inforced super cold there are tones 8.1 , 9.1 and 10.1 , perfect in their purity. Another option is dye without ammonia Matrix Color Sync . The master will create your universal color by mixing two or three shades.
Colored hair care: how to maintain color for a long time
Like any cool shade of hair, silver color requires careful maintenance – this truth is never out of place to repeat. In order for the coloring to look perfect and please the eye for as long as possible, it is important to strictly follow Colorists' recommendations . We remind you of the basic rules and taboos.
- noble silver will not fade over time and will not appear yellowish hateful if you regularly use a blue-violet shampoo that maintains a cool tone. To avoid drying out the strands, it is recommended to alternate it with a professional shampoo for colored hair.
- The bleached strands they need deep nutrition, so a couple of weeks after the staining procedure, include a restorative mask in your beauty menu. Or choose with your colorist a treatment that strengthens the hair structure and is suitable for use immediately after colouring. These products contain components that prevent color fading.
- Chlorinated tap water and UV light are two factors that have an extremely negative effect on color fastness and saturation. To minimize damage, use a stain-fighting conditioner during washing and a leave-in treatment with sunscreen after washing.
- Hot styling is contraindicated, But with decent heat protection, the styler and curler won't harm color pigments. It is better to take a remedy for protection against high temperatures from the assortment of stores for professionals and always use it, even if you have to dry it with a hairdryer.
What kind of care, besides pigmented, will be very helpful?
- Kerastase Cicaextreme. A unique creamy shampoo that provides luxurious care for hair vulnerable to bleaching. Reduces breakage, enhances shine and prevents breakage.
- L'Oréal Professionnel Gentle Cleanser. The sulfate-free product slows down the washout of silver tone and reduces the negative impact of environmental factors on the hair.
- The matrix keeps me alive. Find a common language with the most capricious nuances. Thanks to its delicate formula (without sulfates, plus pearl powder), the tone will last up to 65 days.
- Kerastase Cicaflash . He careful with rinsing with a light gel texture is specifically designed for blondes. Afterwards, the comb glides easily through the locks, the hair is well hydrated, resistant to breakage and with an eight times more intense shine.
- Kerastase Fluidealiste . Preserves the lightness and natural mobility of the strands, eliminating their porosity. The composition of the milk included polymers (they build a protective barrier on the hair sheet) and lipids - important elements of the structure of the hair shaft, which become much less in the bleaching process.
- L'Oréal Professionnel Blondifier . The intensive care product with polyphenols has a cumulative effect, but the result is immediately visible: silver hair returns shine and softness from the first application.
- Biolage ColorLast . The concentrated care with orchid extract at the same time restores hair damaged by lightening and prolongs its color saturation.
- The matrix keeps me alive. A comfortable cream with UV filters prevents the destruction of pigments under the influence of sunlight, works as a thermal protection, smoothes the hair throughout. If you are afraid that the strands will become dull and hard after dyeing, then this remedy is a must.
- L'Oreal Professionnel Pro Longer. Long and medium-length hair is especially sensitive to bleaching and lightening, and silver is incredibly sensitive to the high temperatures of the stylers. This cream will solve two problems at once: it will seal weakened ends and block damage from temperatures up to 230 degrees. At the same time, you will cope with fluff and electrification.
Silver will forever remain in the trends, but we foresee the alternation of its tones and shades in the Olympus of the fashion. What shade of silver do you like?