Belly button piercing is the most popular body decoration option for women after ear piercing.
It does not cause so much discomfort, it heals quite quickly and, if done correctly, it is not rejected.
🈴 Check out our exclusive Image Gallery: 👇
TYPES OF NAVEL PIERCINGS
The needle entry point is determined just above the umbilicus line in the middle of the umbilical cavity. The shackle of the jewelry used for the first time has a length of 0.8 mm.
Depending on the technique, the following types of punctures are distinguished:
- Superior. Standard option used on the 95% cases. Piercing of the upper fold of the navel is performed with the installation of a banana or ball. After healing, you can replace it with earrings with rhinestones, pendants or other jewelry.
- Multiple. A rarely used technique, whose characteristic is the perforation of several areas. It is sometimes combined with microdermals and flat bone piercings. No more than two zones are processed in a session.
- Lower. The most unpopular technique due to long healing time, difficult maintenance, risk of clothing damage, and rejection.
The best solution for a new puncture is a banana of an individually selected length. You should not put pressure on the piercing in case of inflammation of the tissue. Experienced doctors recommend large earrings for the first time. After complete healing, a smaller banana or any other earrings are selected.
For this procedure, special jewelry made of hypoallergenic medical metal - titanium is used. Surgical steel, silver and gold contain nickel and are not suitable for recent piercings due to the risk of an allergic reaction. An experienced specialist from the Bionics Center in St. Petersburg will definitely help you with the choice of earrings, taking into account anatomy and your personal wishes, and will also tell you when you can replace the piercing with gold or any other.
PREPARATION AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
Puncture healing takes about a month. At this time, it is necessary to ensure that the clothes do not touch it. Therefore, it is better to abandon tight things in favor of looser ones. Before going to the doctor, it is necessary to sleep and eat about 2 hours before the session, so as not to experience weakness, fatigue and endure the procedure well.
You should also take a break from sports. For several weeks you can not unload the press, lift weights and do other active exercises. A ban on swimming in open water is imposed due to the risk of infection. If replenishment in the family is planned in the near future, it is better to pierce after the birth of a child. If the abdominal tissues are stretched, the puncture will be further injured and unable to heal.
In addition to pregnancy, in the list of contraindications:
- chronic skin diseases, cardiovascular system;
- problems with blood clotting;
- mental disorders;
🔥Select a topic of your interest:🔥👇
COMPLETION OF THE PROCESS
The navel piercing takes about 15 minutes. In the medical center, a survey is first conducted on the topic of contraindications. If no restrictions are identified, the doctor talks in detail about the rules for puncture care and issues a memorandum.
- marked for precise needle insertion;
- sterilization of selected jewelry;
- treatment of the skin near the navel with a disinfectant;
- marked for precise needle insertion;
- perform a puncture with a sterile disposable instrument;
- installation of sterilized jewelry;
- sticking a patch
After the procedure, a slight pain. They disappear after 2-4 weeks and take 6-9 months to fully heal. The formation of the channel takes quite a long time, but this does not mean that the piercing causes discomfort. If pain and/or discharge from the puncture is observed after a month, you should consult a doctor.
It is necessary to carefully follow the rules for processing the piercing, using the means that the doctor will select. This is done 2-3 times a day. The decoration must remain clean, without traces of ichor, crusts and pus. Wash your hands well before cleaning the puncture site. The earring cannot be removed. You can buy and install a new one a month after the disappearance of edema and swelling, and with large jewelry you have to wait another 2-3 months.
The restriction applies to:
- hot baths, baths, saunas (2 weeks);
- use a stiff sponge/brush to wash the puncture site;
- wear tight synthetic clothing, high-waisted pants.
Contact your specialized center, where you can get a navel piercing at an affordable price. Our doctors have medical education and use sterile materials, thus guaranteeing the safety of the procedure.